Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chapter 2

As I sat there mentally organizing what I would require to survive this mess I found myself in, I felt the all too familiar pangs of hunger set in.

I got up to take a look inside the fridge. I steeled myself for the horrors I might encounter when I opened the door. To my surprise, I found a box of baking soda and some bottles of water.  Well, that wasn't going to get me far.

"Well, this is as good enough reason to see what the parks have to offer." I thought to myself. On the taxi ride here I had noticed the parks and many of the homes had trees and gardens that were abundant with fruits and vegetables. Surely no one miss a few here and there.

As my stomach continued to rumble, night began to fall. I silently crept out of my house and stealthily made my way across the street to my neighbor's garden. It was smallish in size, but it had a bounty of delicious looking fruits.

Upon seeing this, my stomach cried out at the sight of this cornucopia before me. Tip-toeing, I reached the first of the many trees and began to stuff apples into a small bag I had brought with me. I stole quick glances around my shoulder in the fear that my misdeeds would be revealed. I could hear my pounding heart in my ears, the rush of adrenaline only spurred me onward.






Within moments my bag was brimming with all kinds of delectable delights. I took my bounty back to my house and began to prepare a salad.






With my hunger sated, I was overcome with exhaustion. I guess my night's activities and the sudden rush of energy I had felt at my sly misconduct took a lot out of me. I climbed into my bed and fell deeply asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment