Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chapter 4

Azalea and I have been meeting each other for weeks now. I am so happy when I am near her. She is patient when I lose my cool and even tho I may say things I don't necessarily mean, she forgives me. I just don't know how I lived all these years without this amazing woman by my side.






We met one evening at Peppermint Pier. Seeing as how this was the place we first met, I wanted to surprise her.

"Azalea," I said and I held her hands in mine. "From the moment I first laid eyes on you, I've wanted you for my own. I love your grace and beauty, your patience and your love for me despite my many faults."

As I got down on one knee, she gasped and brought her hand to her heart. I clumsily fumbled for the small box in my pocket. "Would you do me the honors of being my wife?" I asked hopefully.





"Oh, Slate." She replied, tears forming in her in her eyes. "Of course! yes!" She finally answered jumping in my arms.

We had a quiet ceremony, seeing as how I didn't know anyone but her. I didn't need anyone else. I was just happy enough to have her by my side now and forever.


After our first night together, I just lay in bed next to her. Watching her sleep. She was so beautiful. How did a man like me, get so lucky? I asked myself.

Her eye fluttered open as she turned towards me. "What?" She asked. "Was I snoring?"

"No." I smiled. I carefully moved a strand of hair from her forehead. "I was wondering what I did to deserve you."






As she pulled me to her, I felt her breathing quicken. We made love a few more times before we fell into a satisfied slumber.


Azalea spent many of her mornings working in the garden. She absolutely loved to be outside and the cool, crisp mornings seemed to help her. The last few weeks she has been feeling "under the weather."

Every morning she darts out of bed to rush to the bathroom. It's heart breaking to see her feeling so bad, but she assure me it's nothing.

I didn't want to go to work and leave her alone, but she said she was fine. I called her as much as I could, to check up on her. Each time she told me not to worry.

When my shift was over, I rushed home only to find my wife rushing out the door to greet me.

"Hello daddy!!" she squealed as she jumped into my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment