Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chapter 6

These babies are constantly crying. The constant feeding, diaper changes, always needing attention...it's driving me to my wit's end.





I love my kids, I really do...but seriously...give it a rest, will you?

Azalea could sense my agitation, after she got the kids settled down and sleeping, she suggested I go out and blow off some steam.

Thinking that was the best idea I'd heard in a long time, I headed out. Is it wrong I didn't feel the least bit guilty leaving her with the babies? Oh well, once the door closed behind me, that feeling of utter peace enveloped me like a comforting hug.

Finding my way to the Community Pool, I staked out a lounge chair I could relax upon. I was just getting comfortable, when some of the local fruit loops decided skinny dipping was in order. Let me tell you, some of these folks should never be naked. I was disgusted, and then I had an epiphany.






Most of the residents were occupied with splashing each other, I ran around the pool collecting all the clothes lying about...and I hid them. Not the most evil thing to do, I admit...but that'll teach them to bare all in a public place.





The sun was staring to set and I figured I should be getting back home lest I end up sleeping on the couch. As I started to walk home, I passed the old Junkyard. I decided to take a gander and see what I could come up with. I was surprised to see the kinds of things people would just throw out.





 I took a bunch of the scrap metal with me, I thought I might be able to tinker around with it. Anyway, it would keep me busy.





As, I was taking my load of scrap with me, that weird family, you know the one? The blue aliens? He accused me of taking something he wanted. I wasn't going to stand there and let this freak accuse me of something I didn't do. I planted my size 12 boot, right in his...well, you get the picture. Needless to say he left, sporting a nice shiner for his troubles. 







"What are you grinning about?" Azalea asked me as I walked through the living room. "You look like the cat that swallowed the canary."

"Oh, nothing really...." I answered slyly. "I just met that Blue Alien guy at the junkyard."

"You picked a fight didn't you?" She said knowingly.

"What?! Me?...Well he started it."

"Gah! I can't send you out anywhere" Azalea remarked with a small smile. As much as she hated my Hot-Headed ways...I think she found them entertaining at least.

-------------------

Time at the workplace was going well for me, I was getting raises and promotions fairly quickly, which helped care for the babies and give us some extra funds to build me my own man cave. It's a work in progress but I can escape there when the family life gets to be too much.



------------

As the months progressed, the babies grew and grew. They were sleeping through the night more, which was a blessing in itself.

Azalea had planned a small party, just the two of us, since we weren't the most popular family in town. She insisted on taking both kids to the cake.

Kobi was the first...as she puckered to the blow the candle out for him, he sneezed at that moment extinguishing the flame.




Little Kobi is such a handsome devil.




Precious Orchid was next...she is such a beautiful little girl. I love my Princess.



-----------------

I am having more fun with my children, now that they are a bit older. They are starting to develop their own different personalities.

Kobi is such a devilish child. On more than a number of occasions, you can find him laughing whenever Orchid is crying to fed or changed. It just seems like he takes delight in other's misfortunes. Yep, he's definitely my boy.





Orchid is very excitable...she loves all her toys, she loves being outside...in fact I think she just about loves everything. Her laughter is so contagious. Its really hard to be mad when ever she is around.





Despite their personality differences, they really do play well together. Most times, when I come home from work, I can find them sitting at that dumb dollhouse biting the heads off the figures inside. it warms the heart. *snicker*

No comments:

Post a Comment