Saturday, March 5, 2011

ShadowStorm Intro


I lost everything in that fire. Everything! How could I have been so stupid? The weeks preceding that fateful day had been bitterly cold. I lit a fire in the fireplace and settled in to read some papers from work. The warmth and my full belly made me too drowsy and I finally succumbed to sleep.

The next thing I knew, my fire alarm was going off, and I was having trouble breathing. I manged to crawl my way outside, and sadly watched as my house went up in smoke. I guess I should be glad I am even alive, but this was my home... and now it's just a smoldering wreck.

My insurance covered a small portion of the damage, but not nearly enough to help me out. There was no way I could rebuild.

So, it was with a heavy heart, I left what was left of my home. I gathered up what could be salvaged and left.

With Riverview behind me...I hitchhiked my way to a small town called Sugar Valley. I didn't have much on me, but I went in with hopes I could rebuild my life here.










2 comments:

  1. I look forward to this interesting twist to a normal "sweet" story :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! My retinas!

    Now that that's out of the way, bring it on! ;) I want to see what kind of havoc this legacy wreaks!

    ReplyDelete