Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chapter 5

Azalea's pregnancy was taking its toll on her and I. As much as I love her, her constant cravings were driving me to the edge. I found myself snapping at her a time or two. Which I shamefully apologized for later.






When her nagging got too bad, I would often times go to the park, it was a good place to be alone for a bit. I met some of my fellow Sugar Valley-ians there. One particular evening, I met Dr. Pepper, after giving him a good scare, one of my favorite pastimes, we chatted for a good long while. he's not a bad fellow, when you get to know him.







The months just flew by, and with each passing day, Azalea grew bigger. She still looked just as gorgeous, she had that pregnancy glow about her, and it was really beautiful.

She still spent as much time as I would allow her, in the garden. Her love for the outdoors, kept her outside alot. Whether it be gardening, bird-watching, you name it she loved it.





I made it a point to be prepared for when the big day arrived, I just didn't count on it being so soon. I was at work when Azalea's water broke, but my boss allowed me to leave work early in order to witness the birth of my child.

Running through the hospital, the nurses led me to my wife's room, where she was already pushing. I rushed over and grabbed her hand in mine.






"I'm so glad you made it." She said through clenched teeth.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world, babe." I kissed her forehead, "You're doing great, hun. Keep it up."

Three agonizing hours later, my son was born. Kobi Shadowstorm. he strongly resembled myself, with his skin and hair, but he had his mother's eyes.

"The other one's coming!" The nurse cried. "Keep pushing Mrs. ShadowStorm!"

"Other one? Twins?" No wonder she was so big, I thought to myself.

Orchid Shadowstorm was the perfect clone of her mother. She was the sweetest, most beautiful baby in the world.

We were able to take the babies home that week, since they were healthy. I was the happiest dad in the world. I had a son and a daughter and they were perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment