Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chapter 3


Morning had come all too soon, and with it, the obnoxious sounds of some birds chirping gaily outside the window.

I groggily sat up in the bed and stretched. I was sore, from my previous night's activities and smelled in desperate need of a shower.

Shuffling to my pile of clothes in the corner, I dressed myself and decided to tour this little town and see what it had to offer.

As I walked throughout my neighborhood, I saw various families out enjoying the crisp summer air. Some were gardening, while others were playing with their kids in the yard.

I finally came to the beach, surprised that I had walked so far in what seemed a short amount of time. The place I encountered was like nothing I had ever seen before. it was like a candy cane exploded. Red and white lines decorated the entire pier.

Like many of the neighboring houses, this place had a couple gardens as well. Some of the plants had been picked bare, but I noticed a few seedlings scattered about the grounds. I picked up as many as I could find, in the hopes I could get a few of them to grow, so I could have my own food supply.

As, I was collecting the various seeds, I saw a young lady picking fruits as well. She was quite striking. She walked with a grace and confidence I hadn't seen before. Her skin had a light, rosey hue, while the sun bounced off her hair creating a halo effect around her head. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.





She suddenly looked over to see my gazing at her, I immediately turned three shades of red in embarrassment. She smiled sweetly and gave me a wave. Goofily I waved back. Feeling like a complete idiot, I walked over to her.

"I'm sorry, I was staring. It's just...I was just so overcome by your beauty." I told her clumsily. "What is your name?" I asked.





"My name's Azalea." She answered. "You're not from around here are you?" She asked me.

Laughing, "Is it that obvious?" I answered.

"Well, you do kind of stand out here." she answered. "Ummm, not that that's a bad thing, I'm sorry how that came out." She said apologetically.

"So...how long have you been here?" She asked.

"I only just arrived a few days ago. back home, my house caught fire and I lost everything." I replied morosely.

"I'm so sorry. but, you made it out, that's good."

"Yeah, my uncle has a small house here. I guess it's been in the family for years." Sighing, I continued. "It's definitely a fixer-upper."






"Well, Peppermint Pier is like a home away from home. You'll find many amenities here, to help you out. You know, until you get back on your feet." She offered.

"That's great, I'm sure I'll using them a lot too." I added.

"Well, It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry I have to get going, but if you need anything, I'd be happy to help you." she offered. "Umm, here is my phone number." She quickly added it to mine. As she neared me, I found the smell of her perfume to be intoxicating.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Azalea." I replied. "I do hope to see you again."

She looked back and waved again as she left.

I quickly went home and began to plant my newly found seeds. Getting ready for bed, the image of sweet Azalea invaded my thoughts.

I couldn't wait for our next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment